Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 23 - Delays, delays, delays

Tiny hang up...sickness set in during my time at home for Christmas.  Back on track now and ready to get movin'. 

Monday, Dec 27: Kylee met me at my parent's house in New Castle to re-fit a few pieces.  Everything looked great!  Thanks goodness.  We have 1 style which is giving us a bit of grief but Jerry and I are fully confident that we'll work it out.  The photos here are from our second fitting. 

Right after the fitting, Michael and I were back on the snowy road headed East toward NYC.  Thank God I took the week off.  No work until Jan 3rd.  Fabulous!

Yesterday, Dec 28: Jerry and I spent finally narrowing down the list of showrooms we felt most comfortable contacting.  Yep, I'm behind schedule.  Who knew that Christmas break would get so hectic?!?  We're ok though, just a few days lost...now need push harder and play catch up a bit.  Jerry and I spent the day reviewing each showroom carefully, checked out the other lines they carry, and settled on a handful.  We hope at least a few will find some interest in what we have goin' on with Overton Monroe.  We are confident in our product, we just need the support of a showroom to get the sales.

Today, Dec 29: Jerry and I will spend the day hitting the pavement, walking the streets of NYC's garment center to select our fabric and trimmings.  This is it...the big day!  We are well into the heart of salesman sample making now.  Basically, cut & sew.  The hard part is done...well, at least as far as designing, editing, fitting and selecting is concerned.
We have butterflies though, to be perfectly honest.  Will ANYONE like what we have to sell?  Can we get the quality to be perfect and finish in time for our photo shoot?  Are we choosing the right fabric and lace?  Will that website be done in time for market?  Are we even following the right calendar for this product for the FA11 market?  Are we 100% certain we can fund this entire project once (if) we gather sales?  Can we handle this?  Can I handle this with a full time job simultaneously? 

We are fairly confident in all of this, that we have answers and are prepared to overcome these challenges.  But....are we forgetting anything majorly scary?  I think we're afraid of the unexpected.





No comments:

Post a Comment