Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 17 - Life's Challenges and Happy Surprises

At 25 years old, life changed course completely.  Firstly, we relocated back to our hometown in Western, PA.  The idea was to meet my older brother (relocated from LA) back in New Castle to help support the family business.  Living and working anywhere outside of the "City" after exposure to the world is challenging.  So I did my best to mix it up.

That August 2005, I began studying for my MBA.  Simultaneous with buying our first house, planning a wedding and working for my dad, things were busy! Subconciously, I recognize now that I was keeping as occupied as possible to avoid realizing the fact that I was no longer in my favorite city.  Somewhat of a dillusion but it worked for a little while.

After a series of ups and downs, happy and sad moments, marriage and deaths, and even a little stint at Dick's Sporting Goods, we simply couldn't take it any more.  My gut was telling me it was time to get back to New York City, and I mean RUN back.  Once my gut starts talking, there's no talking myself out of it.

In February of 2007, one of my former MJ co-workers, out of the blue, let me know that my old job was open.  Oh my God.  Could it be that easy?  Could it be that they just might hire me back?  In fact, that's exactly what happened.

Within 1 month, we had rented our house in Pittsburgh, sold a car, found an apartment, packed up and moved back to New York.  We were back on track and ready to rock & roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment