Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 21 - Don't laugh!

So, here's where we stand. 

Business side of things:
As of today, I'm still trying to finalize a web developer and the font on the logo.  We've narrowed the web developer down to 3, two of which are quotes found on guru.com (freelancer's website).

1/ Squirrel Media - $750.  I just emailed them this morning.  If they confirm that the timeframe is not a concern, we'll probably go for them.  Hoping to get them on the phone asap so we both feel better about the project.

2/ Stylmix - $700. I like their sites but they are based out of Uzbekistan.  So the distance is little concerning, although their sites are pretty darn cool.

3/ Garrett - $1000.  The cost is higher than the other 2 but the benefit is that they are based in Pittsburgh and my bro and dad have worked with them before (check out http://www.uncle-jimmys.com/ and http://epiphanysws.com/). Spoke with them on Monday and all three guys are totally stoked about the job.

For the font, we realized yesterday that we need to be careful by choosing clear/legible lines...so we wanted something a little more handwritten looking but the reality is that we need something that can be either printed for hangtags/marketing materials OR woven for the main labels.  Thank you Annette for calling that out (she's my cousin who happens to be an amazingly talented graphic artist...for hire if anyone needs real talent).

We'll figure these two points out within the next day or so.

Oh, one MAJOR task on the "to-do" list!  How dare I forget!  I need to email a list of showrooms!  I'm starting here to establish our list http://www.modemonline.com/fashion/.  From this, my plan is to email the showrooms, then follow up next week with phone calls to start scheduling a few meet & greets. 

Design side of things:
Jerry has corrected a couple of fit samples, which I'll need to re-fit at home in New Castle during my Christmas break.  Just hoping that Kylee (our fit model) is available, especially since the first fitting ended up being 2 hours longer than expected!  It's ok I hope....I have a little gift for her.  Yes, that's right...it may be a bribe but she's sweet and adorable and I'm sure she'll be ok with fitting 2 more samples...quickly this time!  We don't want to take advantage!  Hey, she'll get a free portfolio out of the gig and, who knows?  Maybe launch a fit model career? 

While I'm hangin' with the family for the next few days, Jerry will be relaxin' at our apartment in NJ.  Well, not exactly relaxing.  He'll be choosing fabrics, lace and sewing salesman samples with a little Housewives of Atlanta in the background.

I'm including a couple of proto fitting pics here.  DON'T LAUGH!  Protos are always ugly.  We are sharing our deepest ugliest moments with you;-)  This is the idea right?  We are creating a blog focused on the process, not just the beautiful result.  Included here are the works in progress.  Don't turn away!  We have a vision and, come hell or high water, that vision will be realized.  Know what we're are making yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment