Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 16 - The Good Life

For the next 2 years, life was great.  Michael proposed to me just 2 weeks after starting at Marc Jacobs.  He surprised me on a Friday, March 26th by filling our apartment with loads rose petals and candles all around the room.  He bent down on one knee and asked me to marry him as he opened a beautiful little lacquered wooden box to reveal a gorgeous engagement ring that sparkled like something I never saw before.  I was speechless, completely weak at the knees.  After a few happy tears, I said yes.

My new job was fantastic, the people were intriguing and I was learning the business behind the industry at an accelerated pace.  The work environment was motivating and exciting.  To be witness to the large number of women helping to drive a brand as successful as Marc Jacobs was absolutely fascinating to me and truly inspired me to perform the best I could in my own little role as a business minded individual, as a women and as a lover of fashion. 

This position took me to places I never dreamed I would visit, and at a moment's notice.  On one day, I could be sitting at my desk placing orders with factories, the next day...off to Portugal or China, Turkey or Poland.  At 24 years old, who wouldn't love that?  Next to fashion, travel is just about an equal passion of mine.  To have exposure to both all in one job? I thought I died and went to heaven.  And it happened often.  I knew I was a lucky girl.  I new this was not something to take for granted.

My boss and my boss' boss seemed to trust me with a significant amount of responsibility and I suppose pride in my work just wouldn't let me let them down.  I did everything I could to hold it together and live up to expectation...once in awhile trying to exceed expectation if an opportunity presented itself.  Main focus?  Don't let them down.  Don't screw up.  Accomplish the mission at hand.

Just a little over 2  incredible and dynamic years at MJ, life had halted my career for a short moment.  Michael and I were about to be hit with a handful of life-changing events.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Annie....What a great time....I remember when you called and sent pictures of that gorgeous ring and roses....What a guy!!! I love that Graz!!!

    ReplyDelete