Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Idol

There were so many inspiring moments at the Opera that summer. It was truly a pleasure to work with such master craftsman of the trade. Everyone working there was extraordinarily skilled; knowledge and tricks of the trade were free flowing. And believe me I was soaking up all the information and skills I could. Being an apprentice we were privy to workshops, lectures with the designers, opportunity to work in all areas of the shop and finally showcase what we had learned. One of the most memorable moments that summer was meeting my design idol, Desmond Heeley. I have admired his work all my life. Not only did he give a fantastic design workshop; he also critiqued our portfolios. That was a very nerve racking experience and honor at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment