Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 73 - USA! USA! USA!

I'm embarrassed to say that I was sleeping when this tremendous news filled the airwaves! But so happy to awake to my husband whispering "They got Osama!" This hits home for all Americans I'm sure. For thousands who suffered a loss on September 11 and those who have lost precious loved ones since as a result of Osama's evilness, much more significantly than others. For me, I'm thankful that my beautiful brother was safely returned to us from his tour in Iraq. I had a cousin there, lost a childhood friend, prayed as my best friend fought twice, and then heard her cries when the love of her life died at war. There are no words to describe the feeling of emptiness or helplessness. And we were the lucky ones. Anthony came home to us. There's not a day that we don't recognize that gift. Today, I am so proud to be his sister and so proud to be an American.

1 comment:

  1. Amen !!!!! Thank you Annie. Beautifully said. It's hard to think about. So many losses and hurting hearts...... and so thankful for Anthony and Rachael's safe return. I hope Americans will pull it together and begin to appreciate and really care about one another. We've got to slow down and quit being so "busy"....Nothing is more important than people....Spread some love and peace around and take time to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete